Bible Journaling - Proverbs 31:25

Hello everybody!

   I'm here today to share with you this amazing bible journaling page...it was so fun to do! I did "copy" the idea from a pin on pinterest...but it was only the outline and lettering, not the design. : )




 

   So... I REALLY enjoyed this one...mostly because I was able to just let my creativity fly. I think my favorite design was my owl and the tulips...but I like all of them. Let's talk about how I did it:

   I first started by prepping my page with some Art Basics Gesso and dried it with a heat gun. Then, I drew a rough outline in pencil of the bottom of the dress first, then the waist, arms, shoulders, etc. I also drew the main parts of the braid VERY lightly, just so I would know how to flow the hair. I used my Recollections Masterpiece II Markers that have the fine pen tip at one end, and then the fine brush is on the other end. Using the Chestnut color in that set, I traced the outline of the hair. After shading a bit (you can see where I shaded), I just drew lines that kind of flowed the hair down in the braid. When that was done, I filled the white space in with the Goldenrod fine tip pen to create highlights. The rest of the dress and face I outlined in my 03 Pigma Micron pen. Using the color Kiwi fine brush tip, I colored in the upper body. Then I took my 03 Pigma Micron pen and drew designs...flowers, tulips, owls, hearts, butterflies, leaves, etc. I took my Chestnut, Wave, Goldenrod, Lime, Cobalt, Magenta, Melon, Flamingo, and Hot Pink brush pens from my marker set and colored all my designs in. After that, I just filled in the white space with the Kiwi brush pen. We're almost done! The lettering was done with the 03 Pigma Micron pen, starting with just the "base," then shading in the curliques. One of my rules that I use when I'm shading is if I'm going down, I make my lines thicker. However, I've not followed that rule comepletly for everything, so don't take that as a hard and fast rule. : )

   Anyway, this took me about one and a half hours to do this...but you can always take breaks in between phases...that's totally no problem. See you Friday!   

Comments

Popular Posts