Bible Journaling....WHAT?!?!?

   Hey guys! I'm SO SORRY I haven't been writing! There's been A LOT going on...so I hope you will all understand. : )

   Sooo...Bible Journaling. What is it? Well, it is basically using artistic/nonartistic(if that makes any sense) abilities to study the Bible and really meditate on His Word. I have a few photos of what I've done so far... some have obviously turned out better than others. The reason I say artistic/nonartistic abilities is beacause ANYONE can do it. I promise.

   My Pinterest board "Bible Journaling" has all my ideas...some of them I've "copied," some of them I've just taken techniques from...but it has all been SO rewarding, renewing, and fun!

   My journaling bible is a NASB version...I wanted a change from the ESV to give me a bit of a new perspective. Also, there are two VERY important tools that you must have if you are wanting to do anything more than lettering. Gesso and a heat gun. I have the Art Basics Gesso and a Marvy Uchida Heat Gun/Embossing Tool. The Crayola Watercolor Pencils are super nice, but those are the only watercolor pencils I've used, so I don't really have a valid opinion. : ) Lets see... oh! Wink of Stella brushes, as well as water brushes are really nice; the latter is for water coloring. Also, a thin craft mat to slide under your Bible pages while you are working on it is a must...that way stuff doesn't bleed through to multiple pages...if that's a worry. In fact, let me just direct you to this website...she has a list for all the supplies that are helpful when bible journaling.

   Alright, let me show you my journaling bible so far...



This was my first one...the shiny stuff says "Rejoice." This was before I experimented with watercolor. : )


This was my second one. Rebekah R Jones is the one I'm giving credit to...she made it up and I copied, except I didn't have stamps.


Number three. This is one of my favorite ones. I got this idea off of Pinterest, but I had to rearrange some of the feathers and words. 


Here's a close up of a feather.


Fourth one. I also got this one off of Pinterest. I wanted to experiment more with lettering...so there you go.  


Close up of the lettering.


This is another one of my favorites. I made this one up completely...so it was kind of scary. It was SO fun though!


Another one I made up. I just flipped to a random page and read a little, figured out a "plan," and just kind of went with it.


Close up of the left side.

 
This is probably by far my favorite. I got this idea from Growing Meadows, and while not all of her stuff is my style, I do like a lot of her ideas. I did not have her printables, so I did some extra work, but it was amazing!
  


   Hope you guys enjoyed this! I plan to post new ones as I go. : )

Comments

Popular Posts