Bible Journaling-Ezekiel 36:26/ Swimming Workout

Hello! I am SO excited to share this page with all of you! It was super fun to create, plus I got to meditate on my memory verse for this week...Ezekiel 36:26-27. Let's get started!

Okay...so here it is. I used red and light blue Faber-Castell gelatos...it's like watercolors and oil pastels combined. They have the "consistency" of oil pastels...but if you take water to them, they work just like watercolors. It's SO cool!

  Anyway, I started with prepping my page with my Art Basics Gesso. I then took my red gelato and drew a heart...you can start small and get bigger...I knew I wanted a big one; however, so I just went with that. : ) Next, I used my light blue gelato and filled in the white space, leaving a ring of white around the heart; about 1/2 inch. I then took my water brush and "watercolored" it...touching up and blending as I went. After that, I used my heat gun to dry it. I tried using white gelato for my bubbles, but let's just say I got pink bubbles...and that wasn't very awesome. : P So, I used some white acrylic paint and made circles. I wanted to make by bubbles have a little dimension, so I took a black gelato and made some arcs and CAREFULLY "watercolored" them. After drying with my heat gun, I used my 03 Pigma Micron black pen and drew my outline of "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you..." and embellished it with some thicker lines. I also used the same pen to write "Ezekiel 36:26" at the bottom. That's it! It's definitely one of my favorite ones...and I promise it looks a ton better in person...I'm working on how to take better pictures. : )

Also... I wanted to share a swim workout with you...It was pretty rough.

10x50s @ :50

5 min. kick on wall
19 turns
10 breakouts

10x50s @ :45

5 min. kick on the wall
19 turns
10 breakouts

10x50s @ :40

I was trying to hold 36-37 the whole time...and, well, the first and second rounds were fine, but the last one I was pretty much touch and go. : P

Anyway, it was pretty tough, but it was a good tough, if you know what I mean. : )

Comments

Popular Posts