Bible Journaling - Psalm 46:10

   I finally got my uploading files widget to work! So here is this week's (and last week's) journaling page! I used a lot of ideas from my Pinterest board on this one...but I really got to experiment with my watercolor pencils.



   I started by prepping my page. After it dried, I drew some circles (for the flowers) and drew the outlines for the leaves, all with my Pigma Micron 02 pen. Next, I drew the outline of the lettering. This is SUPER simple to replicate, its all straight lines for the most part. : ) Next, figure out your color scheme. I chose to try to use every color in my pencil box, but you could do blues and purples, yellows and reds, pinks, or any other color combination you can come up with. The most important part is to use your lightest color AND THEN fill in SLOWLY with your darker colors. (In case you were wanting to know, my watercolor pencils are just the simple Crayola 24 color pack...you can find them at your local craft store or online.) After getting the colors and design where I wanted it, I filled in with my Wink of Stella gold and silver pens. Side note: As you are painting it is important to let layers dry before painting more. I had to dry my dark colors A LOT before I received the rich color I wanted.

   Hope you guys are inspired by this one...and hope that you try it as well! It is SUPER easy, and you get to let your creativity fly!

Comments

Popular Posts