Bible Journaling - Philippians 3:14

Hey guys! We've finished up Junior Olympics...so that was nice. I'm SOOO tired, but it was so much fun racing and hanging out with friends. Here is my bible journaling page from last week...

So this is all just watercolor and pen work. Again, super simple, but looks really nice! Start off with the prepping...then just make all the lines for the drawing. Since I swim, I obviously chose to draw a starting block/lane. This verse is one of my favorites...mostly because it helped me get through a period where I thought that I was terrible. I mean, there's that whole thing with self-esteem and everything, so I was always taught to not believe in myself, because that's not where my strength came from. However, I was very pessimistic and it affected my races and my whole outlook on life. Then I started talking to some of the people I respected and it changed my whole outlook on life. See, there is a balance between the two. If you are always down in the dumps, so to speak, you tend to think, "I'm so humble." While we might not actually think those exact words, that is our mind set. What I had to realize is that what I was doing was another form of pride. There are the two extremes...full of outward self or full of your inward self. There needs to be a balance...and that's what I had to get through.

Anyway, I took my blue Crayola Watercolor pencils again and drew on the paper to get some color on there. I then took my water brush and made it "watercolored." After getting the right mix of color that I wanted, I dried the whole thing with my heat gun. To get the yellow and gray a very strong color, I dipped the tip of the watercolor pencils in a bowl of water; then drew on the lane lines with the yellow and made the "Ts" and added color to the starting block. You may have to go over thing a couple times to get a nice color...so just dry everything before doing it again. The last step is to go over your outlines again to darken everything. Also, I just wrote the verse down at the bottom...everything but "THE PRIZE" is my regular handwriting, so I didn't do anything fancy. : )

There you go! Hope you guys try this or use your imagination to see what you can come up with! You could do anything from sports, to music, to school/work. The most important thing is to make it so YOU can relate to it.

Comments

Popular Posts