Book Review: It's (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way


   Hey guys! I just finished reading this book, and I really wanted to do a book review on it and share it with all of you. I'm not sure how I managed to finish on Valentine's Day, but that's a whole different story.
: )

   For awhile now, I've been wrestling with the question, "How am I supposed to act around guys?" It seems that in our culture today, no one really seems to know; we just know that the world's view is wrong. But is there a right way to act and even be friends with guys? The answer, in short, is YES.

   I'd like to give a short overview of everything that's covered in this book. Basically, it starts off explaining WHY this book is helpful to girls with the same questions I had. What I love about their explanation on how to read their book is this: 1) They encourage your parents to read it with you. Yes, your parents can be involved in your life, and honestly, they should be. 2) To read it like a Berean. This is in reference to one of the places where Paul went to preach during his ministry. These people heard what Paul said, then proceeded to search the Scriptures to see if these things were true. That's how we should read any book.

   A side note on this book: There are going to be some VERY HARD things to hear in this book. Thus, you need to be open while reading, which is only something that can be done with Christ. I can guarantee that there is something that you're going to need to change that will be brought to your attention. This can only be done by dying to yourself.
 
   Here are the main topics covered:

  • Resetting our perspective on boys in general
  • How to be a sister right now (most importantly to your real brothers)
  • Resetting our perspective on relationships with everyone
  • Learning about OUR heart problem
  • How to engage your parents in your relationships (and why that's a good thing)
  • How to interact with boys
  • How to stay out of other's relationships and how to stay away from bad relationships yourself
  • How to become the girl God wants you to be, as well as what your husband needs you to be
    The most important point that I got out of this book deals with the heart. Basically, if your heart is in the right place, your actions will flow from that. However, we have to battle every day with keeping our heart in the right place; that's why we are fighting a spiritual battle. I could go on and on about this book, but I'd love it if you guys read it for yourselves. : ) 

Here is a link to help you get on your way to reading:


   You can buy the actual book, read it via Kindle, or even download the audio version. Plus, they have a sale TODAY (2/14/2017) for 20% off. So hurry and get your copy today! If you end up reading it, I would love to hear from you! You can comment below or send me an email here. Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a book I would have benefited from 35 years ago! I will pass this information on to the moms of young girls in our church. Your review of the book was very well written. You're a good thinker and your heart for the Lord shines in every blog! May God bless you with good relationships ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts