Bible Journaling: Matthew 14:28-33

   Hey, guys! It's been awhile since I posted a Bible journaling page, so here's my latest one!

I don't have process photos this time because when I made this it wasn't, well, during the day (I'm sure you can relate), so I spaced it. I do have the final though, so we'll go off of that.

   The first new thing I did was a page insert. Basically, I took a piece of printer paper and cut it so it would fit in my Bible without going over the edges. The size you cut will depend on your Bible, so just play with it.

   Part of the reason I used a page insert was that I wanted to use acrylic paints. Now, if you don't have acrylic, but you have watercolor, that is totally fine. I just chose to use acrylic because of it's bolder color.

   Those are the only two things that are new, so let's get to the tutorial!

   After you've cut your paper to size, you need to outline the wave. You can either do it freehand like I did with paint, or you can use a pencil and be able to play around with it more. It's completely up to you. I used a couple of different paints for this. 1) Dark blue-this just came from a single bottle. 2) Teal-this was the dark blue and some turquoise mixed, plus a TINY bit of light green. 3) Blue-green- this is turquoise and that light green mixed together. 4) White-this is (obviously) just white. : )

   Now you can begin painting. Start with the dark blue and outline the underside (inside line) of the wave. This is where your darkest part is, so make sure it's dry before you continue. Next, you have a lot of freedom with the teal. Start at the bottom and make short brush strokes so that the outside of the wave is teal, but leaving most of the inside for the dark blue. Again, you just have to play with it to see what looks good. When you're happy with it, move on to the next step.

   This is the fun part. Before you completely change brushes from your teal, wipe off excess and make a couple LIGHT streaks for the sky. You can add a little bit of dark blue as well. Next, take your turquoise and dip the tip of your brush (I used a smaller one) in it. then, do a short and light brush stroke down. The picture is what will help you the most with this. Basically, follow the pattern of the wave for the most part. Then, do the same thing with the white and blue-green. Don't be afraid to go out of the main wave with these brush strokes!

   Once everything is dry, you can write under the wave. I chose the lyrics of the chorus of "Oceans" by Hillsong United. Here they are:

   I will call upon Your name
   And keep my eyes above the waves.
   When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace,
   For I am Yours, and You are mine.

   Just mix cursive and tall print letters. You can copy what I did or emphasize your own words. Again, it's completely up to you. I did draw an anchor at the end of "mine" instead of the period. That's just very simple.

   Now you're ready to insert the page! Once everything is totally dry, you can either use double-sided tape or a glue stick to go on the edges and align with the paper. Go straight in, and then once it's lined up, close your Bible and run your hands firmly along the binding.

   That's it! Hope you guys enjoyed this one!  


Comments

Popular Posts