Security or Sovereignty?

   I've been doing a bible study with the group of girls at my church through Love God Greatly. We are studying Ruth right now and it has been very encouraging and enlightening to read through Ruth and SOAP the verses.

   I would like to write a short post on what God has been showing me through this study so far and what He has brought to my attention today especially. Our verses today were Ruth 2:1-3 and Proverbs 20:24. See these below:

   "Now Naomi had a relative of her husband's, a worthy man of the clan of Elimelech, whose name was Boaz. And Ruth the Moabite said to Naomi, "Let me go to the field and glean among the ears of grain after him in whose sight I shall find favor." And she said to her, "Go, my daughter." So she set out and went and gleaned in the field after the reapers, and she happened to come to the part of the field belonging to Boaz, who was of the clan of Elimelech." (Ruth 2:1-3); "A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way?" (Proverbs 20:24)

   Most of you probably know the beautiful story of Ruth. What I really wanted to pull away from this passage is this:
God puts us in the right spot at the right time for His ultimate glory, honor, and purpose.
   Sometimes I feel like I need to plan everything out and make sure everything is secure. God is so good to disrupt those plans to provide a way to bless us in an even better way than we could ever imagine. The story of Ruth is a perfect example. She decided to give up her comforts of home and everything she knew to take care of her mother-in-law. What unfolds as the story goes on is miraculous and shows so much of God's sovereign power and grace. He provided her with a husband and made way for her to be in the family lineage of Christ.

    So, what are you stressing over today or even this week? Have you given it over to God? What is a situation in your life where you've seen God allow something to not happen to make something else happen that was far better than your plans were?
  
   


Comments

Popular Posts