Bible Journaling...James 1:5-8

   Hey everyone! I'm really excited to share this page with all of you! One of the new things I'm going to try to do are process photos...That way you know what things look like while we're going through this whole process...so let's get to it!

Pencil

   Here is my little doodle sketch! I pulled a few different ideas from Pinterest for this particular page. The first thing I saw that I liked was this picture with the sea with these waves going all down the page and getting darker the lower they went. I REALLY liked that, so I decided to pull from that. Then I had this idea to have a ship on top with an anchor dropping to the bottom of the ocean. So I just looked up a boat doodle and an anchor doodle to get some ideas. The doodles are on my Pinterest "Bible Journaling" board if you want to check them out. Basically I drew the waves first, then the ship and anchor. I made the anchor huge to get a bit of perspective....plus it made it easier to draw. : )





Pen


   So with this, I just traced my pencil outline with my 03 Pigma Micron pen...nothing really special to it! ; )

















Paint

   So now comes the fun part...painting it! I used both my Koi Watercolors and my Crayola Watercolor Pencils for this. All of these layers of waves have a combination of two colors except #2 and #6...those are just plain sky blue and the dark blue from the Koi Watercolor set, respectively. Layer #1: Cool Gray with Sky Blue. Layer #3: Jade with the dark blue from the Koi Watercolor set. Layer #4: Blue-Violet and the dark blue from the Koi Watercolor set. Layer #5: Violet and the dark blue from the Koi Watercolor set. Always start with your lighter color first, then slowly add your darker color until you like the shade. Anchor is gray; the rope is yellow. The boat is brown, and the flag is red. That's pretty much it!







Pen and finishing touches

   So here's the last step! I retraced everything with my pen and added some finishing touches with the silver Stickles. There you have it! Hope you make it and have enjoyed seeing what my actual craft table looks like...it's kind of a mess... : P
Most importantly, remember what this verse means...you can read my blog post here. Until next time guys!














Comments

Popular Posts