Bible Journaling...1 Peter 2:9

   Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day. : ) I just wanted to share this page before I get caught up in other things again. ; )

  So we started out with prepping our page. Next, using my Crayola watercolor pencils, I took yellow and drew an outline of the sun, starting with the ball, then the rays. I put a bit of an arc at the end of the longer rays, mostly so it would give a little more "doodle" feel to it. After coloring in my outlines, I used my water brush and painted it, then dried it. I wanted a little more contrast, so I used the next step up...yellow-orange. Just color straight down the middle and out, but not too far. for the ball, I just started in the middle and did a circular spiral. Once that was done, I used my water brush again to smooth out the lines and dried it. This is where you make a judgment call...do you want a deeper orange color or not? I chose to get a deeper color, so just take the orange and do the same exact thing you did with the yellow-orange. After water brushing it, dry it and your sun is done! Now we get to the lettering. Using my Pigma Micron 03 pen, I took the last part of 1 Peter 2:9 and wrote it out, emphasizing "excellencies," "called," "darkness," and "light." After drying it to prevent smearing, I took the Flamingo and Lime colors from my Recollections Masterpiece II Markers and wrote over the words I emphasized using the brush tip. The last step is optional, but I wanted a little but of sparkle. I used the silver and gold Stickles...it's basically like glitter glue, but nicer. I made three tiny dots with the gold on either side of "LIGHT," and then two lines with the silver on either side of "DARKNESS." Let it dry, and there you have it! Feel free to use other color combinations, and if you do this page, either post it on Google+  with the hashtag #marvelouslight, or share it in the comments below! : )  

Comments

Popular Posts